Modern farmhouse combines the sleek clean lines of contemporary design with the cozy farmhouse aesthetic to create a uniquely fresh take on the country living inspired style. This home decor style is known for its warmth and simplicity, characterized by natural textures and materials like wood or galvanized steel.
If we were to decode the modern farmhouse style, what would it be all about? Well, In every classic farmhouse design theme, you’ll find a combination of some of the below elements.
- Reclaimed wood
- Barnboard details
- Big, comfortable furniture
- Architectural salvage
- Pine furniture
- Wrought iron accents
- Wide plank floors
- Vintage accessories
Get The Look
- Start with a color palette of warm or cool neutrals (cream, beige, silver sage and grey all work well), then layer in some natural wood tones.
- Feel free to use colors you’re fond of as accent pieces, but in order to stay true to the look try to keep the overall color scheme neutral (or light colors).
- Be sure to use a variety of textures in order to give the look some depth. Mix woods and metals, but also mix fabrics like cotton, canvas, wool, chenille, or whatever else you like.
- Layer in some mixed metals by way of light fixtures, hardware, and architectural details like railings. As a general rule, it’s best to limit it to no more than three metals per room.
- Use organic materials in order to keep the space feeling as though it’s connected to the outdoors. Wood floors and architectural details are best, but also consider introducing stone, wicker, rattan, sisal and other natural materials.
- Accessories are an important. A few well-placed accessories that are given room to breathe are all you need to complete the look.
A dining room is definitely one of the most important and congenial parts in a house. With the modern farmhouse look & feel, we’re sure that the meals you share and the memories you make with friends and family, will last you a lifetime!